Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, while working on assignments with Allen & Overy or directly with clients. Assignments are usually at least six months in duration and tend to require you to work a minimum of four days per week. To find out more, please visit peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
Join our panel
Legal consulting offers fresh opportunities at an earlier point in your career than you might imagine. We are currently looking for self-driven lawyers with 2-7 years’ top-tier post-qualification experience in the following areas:
- Banking and finance
- International capital markets (derivatives and structured finance, debt and equity capital markets, securitisation)
- Financial services regulation
- Corporate (M&A, reorganisations, equity capital markets, corporate advisory and commercial law)
Successful applicants will have:
- a minimum of two years' post-qualification experience at a firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- ideally, recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution or corporate (directly or as a secondee);
- a commitment to building a career as a self-directed consultant and a drive to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- a strong consultant mindset, including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- proven project management skills;
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- a resilient approach, be autonomous and highly credible, with strong commercial/business acumen and exemplary client service ethic and commitment;
- excellent academic credentials;
- a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and
- a right to work and reside in the UK
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide detailed personal feedback at the application stage.
Examples of recent assignments:
- A debt capital markets lawyer providing transactional support to the Allen & Overy DCM practice.
- A corporate lawyer working within the ECM/M&A team of an investment bank’s legal team, covering front end work for the ECM and M&A businesses.
- A banking lawyer supporting the Allen & Overy practice on transactions, on both the sponsor and lender side.